Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
We all know the carbon monoxide poisoning can have deadly consequences. Did you know that your carbon monoxide (CO) detector in your home may only alert you if the carbon monoxide in your home reaches dangerous levels? Headaches, dizziness, fatigue and nausea are common symptoms to look out for especially if multiple household members are experiencing this. Symptoms can vary from person to person and they may not experience all of the common symptoms.
Carbon monoxide is produced when fuel is burned. Gas furnaces, boilers fireplaces, water heaters and stoves are the usual culprits when CO is present in the home. Properly maintaining and getting annual service by a professional on your HVAC system and water heater will ensure that dangerous fumes won’t be released into your home from these systems.
Because carbon monoxide interferes with the body’s ability to transport and use oxygen, long-term exposure to low levels that may not set off your CO detector can cause heart disease, arterial issues and neurological problems. For the health and safety of your family, have your furnace and water heater professionally inspected annually to help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning in your home. Call 785-341-4193 to set up an appointment with our licensed technicians at De Hart Plumbing Heating and Cooling!
De Hart Plumbing Heating and Cooling, serving Manhattan Kansas, Junction City Kansas, Wamego Kansas, Topeka Kansas, and some surrounding areas.