Water damage to your home could lead to mold growth and most times require special attention to avoid a “mold explosion”. Molds produce spores that spread easily through the air. They form new growths when they find the right conditions: moisture, nutrients (anything organic) and a place to grow. Mold can damage materials and health. The longer it is allowed to grow, the greater the risk will be to your health and the harder it will be to clean up. Although there is a wide variation in how people are affected by long-term or high exposure to it is unhealthy for everyone.
Exposure to mold can trigger allergic reactions and asthma attacks. It may suppress the immune system in some instances. Black mold is a misleading term since many kinds can be black. Once you have water damage, the best way to avoid hazards is to hire a licensed, trained and reputable water damage and mold remediation firm. You should be aware that many homeowner policies do not cover damage or costs. When you are aware that you have a water leak, you should call a professional as soon as possible to repair the leak. Left unattended, mold can grow in less than 24 hours.